Re: [Rollei] OT: retrofocus & inverse square

John

It's not really an inverse square function.  I have the write-up
somewhere
that shows it to be a cosecant square function.  I believe it was used in

the analysis of a radar antenna coverage.  They drew the analogy of a
wide angle lens and its image.

BTW, my 20mm Nikkor shows about the same "dropoff" as my 21mm
Super Angulon did.  (But I still wish I had it back!)

Jerry