Re: [Rollei] OT: Acute Matte Screen.. Ebay

GK.

Yes I may be wrong,. But not if the screen is, as the seller says,
thinner than the original screen.  There just isn't enough room to
accommodate shims on top of the screen. Though possibly thin
plastic strips may be bonded to the top of the screen, thereby
pushing it down to the correct plane.

If the screen is thicker than the glass screen, you are home
free.  I have no vested interest in the seller being right or wrong.

Jerry

TrueBadger   wrote:

> In a message dated 5/26/2003 12:43:32 AM Eastern Standard Time, jerryleh   writes:
>

> > GK.
> >
> > Why do you say thinner beats thicker?  Think about it and read my
> > response to the other punter who ordered one from HK.
> >
> > BTW, the focusing surface is always on the bottom of the screen.
> > The Fresnel can be on either side.
> >
> > Maybe in the few years that the screen sits on your shelf, someone
> > may invent a negative shim made of thiotimoline. (Marc should
> > understand that one).:-)
> >
> > Jerry
> >
> Jerry:
>
> It's been blatently obvious from the start of this thread that you have a enormously strong desire that this screen NOT WORK.
>
> The seller has one very postitive feedback from a buyer, so presumably that person either found the screen useful, or is shilling for the seller.
>
> Also, there is more than ONE WAY to shim.  The shims may very well be capable of placement ON TOP OF THE SCREEN, the principle being that you can always use shims to make something THICKER.
>
> Frankly, you may be right, the item may not be usable, but in that case I'm out thirty-five bucks and the Rolleicord remains as originally configured.  On the other hand, you MAY be wrong, In which case I plan to tout this screen endlessly, and enthusiastically, as I suspect Eric may well do as well.
>
> G. King

End of Rollei Users list digest V12 #99