Re: [Rollei] Re: OT 1911

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerry Lehrer" <jerryleh  >
To: <rollei
Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2003 8:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Rollei] Re: OT 1911

> Marc
>
> General officers were issued the Colt model 1903 or 1908
> hammerless pistol in .32 or .380 ACP. during WW2.
>
> Only German generals or Field Marshals were issued .25
> calibre pistols.
>
> I will send you a separate message on Patton's two
revolvers.
> (You are completely wrong on both guesses).
>
> Guns and sports cars are my areas of expertise, as yours
are
> cameras and the Law.
>
> Besides, since most RUGers and LUGers are anti-gun, we
> should keep gun stuff off list.  I do not want to offend
them.

> Jerry
>
> Jerry

  Well, I am a member of RUG and not anti-gun. I do think
that we need to be a little more responsible about them and
not treat guns like a religion.
  I frankly no longer remember what Patton carried. I think
he did get offended when they were described as "pearl
handled", the were ivory. He said that only a pimp would
carry a pearl handled gun.
 A Raymond Chandler line: "Another guy who thinks a gun in
the hand means the world by the tail."
- ---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA