Re: [Rollei] OT: Acute Matte Screen.. Ebay

In a message dated 5/22/2003 6:47:00 AM Eastern Standard Time, wiserr   writes:

> GK.  I saw that or a similar ad a couple weeks ago and I made inquiry on it
> and am inclined to give it a try. The seller said that you need not remove
> the old screen but simply place the this screen right over the other and it
> increases brightness. In the previous ad he had a money back guarantee.
>
> I checked with my Wisconsin repair shop and he said  that it increased
> brightness around the corners but otherwise not too significantly. Of course
> he sells screens at 4X that price. For the price that may be sufficient. I
> am considering one and I would be most interested in your  results.Since the
> seller is offering a number of these, I would think that he would take a
> return if it did not work as you wanted. Thanks for the information.
>
> regards,
>
>        Roger (not True Badger but from the Badger state -WI)

Roger:

I think the auction for the screen that drops in is a different item.  I've seen that one offered repeatedly too. If I recall, that one is priced at $36 whereas this is priced at $35. This one is out of Hong Kong, while the drop-in is (I think) out of Pennsylvania or NJ.

The seller sent me an email saying he would ship immediately, so in a week or thereabouts both EG and I should have these screens and be able to make some sort of report on them.

G. King