Re: [Rollei] OT: Re: What did you do in the war? (long)

At 06:32 PM 5/19/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>   Western Electric stuff sounded better but WE also wanted
>an excessive footage royalty.
>   Gee-Whiz, what obscure stuff I have stuffed into my brain.
>No wonder I can't remember where I park my car.
>
>---
>Richard Knoppow
>Los Angeles, CA, USA
>dickburk

Norman Ricker is credited with the paper cone loudspeaker which he
developed for purely personal reasons at Western Electric in 1921-1923, in
New York City,  before they became Bell Labs, and moved to Murray
Hill.  Contact me off list and I will scan a one-page narrative of that
event for you.

Don Williams
La Jolla, CA