Re: [Rollei] Tmax and Rollei Planars

- --Boundary_(ID_tZQQWSEVhLQJX4wKy3beig)

Gene:

    Could you supply some time, temperature and dilution information please?

Geoff

Gene Johnson wrote:

>Nick,
>
>I posted a recipe a while back for a version of Patrick Gainer's Vitamin C
>developer.  I use this developer and TMX pretty much exclusively now and I
>think it might be the best TMX developer I've used. It's VERY cheap and easy
>to make and has VERY low toxicity. It has very fine grain and generally nice
>"tone" or "gradation" etc.  It also has the ability to push TMX 2 stops for
>certain pictures where I really want a lot of contrast and still have fine
>grain.  If you're interested, let me know and I'll send the recipe.  I have
>heard many good things about Dixactol too.
>
>Gene

- --
- --
Geoff McAuliffe, Ph.D.
Neuroscience and Cell Biology
Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
675 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854
voice: (732)-235-4583; fax: -4029
mcauliff

- --Boundary_(ID_tZQQWSEVhLQJX4wKy3beig)

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Gene:<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Could you supply some time, temperature and dilution information please?<br>
Geoff<br>
Gene Johnson wrote:<br>
 cite="mid000e01c31e08$c0302c20$6601a8c0@sylvaniaog67gm">
  <pre wrap="">Nick,

I posted a recipe a while back for a version of Patrick Gainer's Vitamin C
developer.  I use this developer and TMX pretty much exclusively now and I
think it might be the best TMX developer I've used. It's VERY cheap and easy
to make and has VERY low toxicity. It has very fine grain and generally nice
"tone" or "gradation" etc.  It also has the ability to push TMX 2 stops for
certain pictures where I really want a lot of contrast and still have fine
grain.  If you're interested, let me know and I'll send the recipe.  I have
heard many good things about Dixactol too.

Gene

    <pre wrap="">Bob, my findings with TMax 100 are that it doesn't
actually work that well with TMax dev - I struggle to
get anything like a full tonal range on the neg. I
understand that TMax dev is really designed as a
speed-enhancing dev, and indeed I love it with TMax
3200 and Delta 3200 - I also have found it the best
dev for F+Delta 400 for my taste. I personally have
found TMax 100 a difficult film to work with, but I
think I've found the answer - DiXactol. The results
I've seen from this combination are stunning, with a
magnificent tonal range  - a friend of mine swears by
it - so I'm going to give it a go. And I think that
this combination should indeed preserve the best from
the Planar, a lens that I personally think shines with
B&amp;W.

Nick

- --- Bob McClelland <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:bob  &gt;</a> wrote:
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Hi All - I've just been given some TMAX 100 and am
wondering about how best
to develop it (once I've exposed it, of course!)  Is
it worth getting TMAX
developer?  What are your findings?  I want to
preserve the best from the
Planar on my Rollei . (There - we're on topic now
:-)

Many thanks,

regards,
Bob
Cornwall (U.K.)

Urban Images:     <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.marscovista.com";>www.marscovista.com</a>
Kernow Images:  <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.kernowimages.co.uk";>www.kernowimages.co.uk</a>
Surfaces:             <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.withoutgrass.com";>www.withoutgrass.com</a>

      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://search.yahoo.com";>http://search.yahoo.com</a>

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->

  </pre>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol">--
- --
Geoff McAuliffe, Ph.D.
Neuroscience and Cell Biology
Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
675 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854
voice: (732)-235-4583; fax: -4029
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:mcauliff  </a>

- --Boundary_(ID_tZQQWSEVhLQJX4wKy3beig)--