Re: [Rollei] Close portraits with a TLR

In a message dated 5/16/2003 7:00:14 AM Eastern Standard Time, mail  writes:

> are any of the Rollinars suitable  for portraiture? --
> Simon Greenwood

Simon:

I think most people would say no, at least not in the conventional sense of what a "portrait" is.  You'd get a lot of exaggeration in the apparent size of the nose, etc, etc.

That said, there are not many absolutes in photography, and you could well get shots that even if unconventional, might still have merit. Give it a try.  Film is cheap.

At least one of my favorite Leica "portraits" was taken with a 21mm Super-angulon; also presuambly a bad idea.

G. King