[Rollei] Rollinar 3 parallax error

Ok, it was my first day with my 2.8 GX, I was brimming with confidence having
eventually found where the battery was hidden. I loaded my first roll of film (sensibly
it turned out) ignoring the print out of an old TLR manual and set about fitting the
Rollinar 3 lens that came with the camera.

I was presented with two lenses, one which simply magnified which I mounted to the
viewing lens and another which was thicker which had an angled lens (which I
thought it was for parallax compensation) I mounted to the viewing lens

Anyway, whatever I did was wrong as the Staffordshire figures I was photographing
all had their heads chopped off!

help appreciated

regards
Simon Greenwood