Re: [Rollei] Mutar 0.7x

In a message dated 5/12/2003 6:36:27 PM Eastern Standard Time, peterk   writes:

> Maybe I am reading this wrong,but why ONLY 5x5 prints?  Cropping it will worked equially well?
> What am I misunderstanding Jerry?
>
> Peter K

Peter, I have 11x14 prints that I've made of industrial subjects using the 1.5 mutar that are tack sharp, edge to edge and corner to corner. Obviously some cropping was done.

I've only used the .7 for landscapes, but I see nothing in the negs that indicates they would not sustain the same degree of enlargement and yield the same or similar results.

Rollei used to claim that at f4.0 and below, the Mutars were equal in resolution to the prime lens at one higher stop. From what I have seen, this was probably justified.

G. King