RE: [Rollei] Re: Rollei panorama head, and "nodal points"

OK, Siu, that is the reason I said that my photograph
isn't suitable to be seen into Pc's monitor screen. I
take the panoramic views thinking in the prints on
paper, not in the Web. You must consider that I
scanned THE PRINTS, each print on paper, not the
negatives. You see my  panoram photo as is on the
paper, I DON'T USE ANY SOFTWARE FOR CORRECT
DISTORTIONS, I only use a software to disimulate union
lines. You imagine this panorama photo in size 80 cm x
20 cm on paper. I don't like use software for correct
the photograph, sometimes only for cut it. Then, that
the distortion is only in the fence or  railing, IS A
GREAT MERIT OF ROLLEI PANORAM HEAD DESIGN AND THE
CAMERA, I repeat, I scanned each print  (made with an
enlargement) not the negatives. Also this is the
reason that I insist on the panorama head.-
I'll wait for your photograph.-
All the best
Carlos
 --- Siu Fai <siufai   escribió: > >
The technical discussion about "nodal
> > points", rotating panoramic camera, TLR standard
> > panoramic head,etc. is actually  very
> > interesting for me, but I think that there is a
> point
> > no considered. If the image's distortion occurs in
> the
> > edges principally, the Rollei panoramic head
> reproduce
> > a portion of the previous frame during a sequence,
> > then, if you cut each frame in the point where
> both
> > coincide, the distortion in the edges almost
> > dissapears because the edge dissapears, at least I
> > have this impression looking my panoramic views on
> > paper.
>
> Carlos, I notice some sharp bends in the fence of
> your photograph. I think
> these are typical distortions or mismatch for
> analogue stitched photos.
> Panorama stitch software adds fisheye-like
> distortions to each photographs
> which made these sharp bends disappears. The amount
> of distortion depends on
> the focal length that is used.
>
> So far, I have only done some pano stitching on 35mm
> film. The problem is
> that the files becomes very large if you want to get
> a high res pano,
> especially if your want a 360 degree pano. Even 1200
> dpi neg scans are too
> big for my computer, so I have never felt the need
> for a 6x6 pano stitch
> project.
>
> I'll put my more successful result on the
> Rollei-galery next week. Have to
> dig up the file first.
>
> Siu Fai

Internet GRATIS es Yahoo! Conexión
4004-1010 desde Buenos Aires. Usuario: yahoo; contraseña: yahoo
Más ciudades: http://ar.online.yahoo.com