Re: [Rollei] series 6? (was 'Must Haves' for any TLR user?)

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerry Lehrer" <jerryleh  >
To: <rollei
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2003 9:02 AM
Subject: Re: [Rollei] series 6? (was 'Must Haves' for any
TLR user?)

> Richard
>
> Only early Bay I Rolleis will take 28.5mm push-ons in
addition
> to the bayonet.  Latter ones will not, as the lens ring is
more
> flush.
>
> You give the impression that "Rolleis will take push-on
accessories"
> Some will, but most won't.
>
> Jerry
>
> Jerry

  I have a couple of ancient Rollei filters for the old
standard. They fit the MX Automat and Rolleicord IV. While
there is possible interference to push-on adaptors from the
bayonets on these cameras they do not interfere with these
filters which push on to about the same amount on the newer
cameras as on the old. I just tried this to confirm it
works.
  I also had at one time a Kodak type push on adaptor of the
right size which fit the bayonet camera. However this
adaptor does not allow a Rollei sunshade to go on over it. I
thought I had this thing in the case with the MX but can't
find it now. So, at least Rollei push-on filters seem to be
compatible with both the old non bayonet cameras and some
later ones.
- ---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA