Re: [Rollei] More OT Jobo advice

On Tuesday, May 6, 2003, at 11:20  AM, TrueBadger   wrote:

> Someone mentioned the idea that the CPE was advantageous becaus it
> held LESS water.  It seems to me that from a thermal stability point
> of view this is wrong, and that the larger thermal inertia represented
> by the 4.5 gallon fill in the CPP2 makes it easier to maintain a fixed
> temperature.

I said that, thinking of conservation of resources (CPE advantage).
You are correct in your analysis of the thermal inertia.  I rarely do
more than 2 batches of film at a time, (1 batch being in the 90
Percentile marker) and (choke, chuckle, smiley smiley) don't need no
steenking 4.5 gallon thermal mass for a 3min 15sec sensitivity to temp
variation  :-)   :-)  Hi! Hi!  and whatever else it takes for me to
indicate i'm not being contemptuous or caustic.  :-)
As to >ease< of maintaining a fixed temperature, isn't this soley
dependent upon the temperature sensing transducer, and the associated
re-heating and distribution of the renewed heat?  If it weren't for the
water circulation feature of the CPP, maybe it would be >harder< to
maintain a fixed temp, because of the greater caloric demand,  coupled
with the much more expansive water surface, with attendant evaporation
and radiation?  OK, i'm scratching flour in a grain elevator.  Back to
the pens and Brit cars. :-)

pk