Re: [Rollei] Obsolete skills

I, too, used a slide rule -- in 12th grade AP Chemistry.
That was in 1983.  Probably not the date you were expecting.
But I still own slide rules, so I don't consider this any more obsolete
than my dip pens.

I remember my Dad's first calculator -- a green-LED Unisonic.  Now that
_IS_ obsolete.
Fascinatingly, I think most of my TRULY obsolete skills have to do
with... computers!
Wordperfect 5.1,
Lotus 1-2-3, (the original)
BASIC,
TRS-80's,
IBM XT's, and
using cassette-tapes to save programs.

The list of items on the computer-related ash-heap since just 1983 must
truly be enormous.

Rolleiflexes (Note: Rollei content) -- still working.

James Carpenter
Four miles west of Guthrie, KY