Re: [Rollei] OT: On the Reliability of British Cars

I owned about 6 of the older Beetles (57-72) and I can attest to the oil
leakage. Then I lived in northern Wis. and the only way I could tell that
the manifold meter was operating was the smell of oil in the car. The valves
had to be adjusted frequently. On British cars, one dealer mentioned when
you buy them you shoul buy two because one would be in the garage at all
times.