[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Rollei] Re: Why the 6-element lens for 3.5Fs
- Subject: Re: [Rollei] Re: Why the 6-element lens for 3.5Fs
- From: TrueBadger
- Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 02:18:22 -0400
> > Richard Knoppow wrote:
> BTW, I am one of the few left who
> knows how to re-ribbon old RCA and Western Electric mics.
> Talk about your useless skills :-)
> Richard Knoppow
> Los Angeles, CA, USA
The list of formerly useful, now useless skills would be an interesting one to start compiling.
You could add to it:
1. Knowing how to use a slide rule.
2. Designing any digital circuit using discrete components.
3. Knowing how to design core memory.
Regarding many of the once-hot skills of the 20th century, well, you'd do better knowing how to shoe a horse.