[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Rollei] Why the 6-element lens for 3.5Fs
- Subject: Re: [Rollei] Why the 6-element lens for 3.5Fs
- From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk >
- Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 20:14:49 -0700
- References: <5C7752CCB00C3A47A70D5C4204A360B2554A55 >
- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerry Lehrer" <jerryleh >
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 7:48 PM
Subject: Re: [Rollei] Why the 6-element lens for 3.5Fs
> I say it again! In 1952, I saw a H'blad Ektar apart at
> shop. It was FIVE (5) elements. OH said that it looked
just like a
> Medalist lens. Maybe the first Ektars were 4 element
> the later ones were not. There is no need to count
> when the lens is apart and you can see the cemented
> I can supply no more than my eyewitness report.
> End of discussion!
That's what I wanted to know. I was pretty sure they are
Heliars of the Altman type. He designed the lens for the
Medalist and the similar lens for small press cameras. Kodak
also built some others of the type.
Los Angeles, CA, USA