Re: [Rollei] Why the 6-element lens for 3.5Fs

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk  >
To: <rollei
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 2:39 PM
Subject: RE: [Rollei] Why the 6-element lens for 3.5Fs

> Was the Tessar for the 'blad any good? Better than the
Ektar lenses they
> were using?

Hasselblad mount and
> does not mean the 2.8 Tessar as found in the Rollei TLR.
>
> todd

  That would be interesting. AFAIK, the Hasselblad Ektars
were Heliar type lenses of the type designed by Fred Altman
and covered under USP 2,279,384. Altman states that he used
the extra element to obtain better control of rim rays,
which is what is needed when making a fast lens.
  Other examples of this lens are all f/3.5 however.
  It would be of considerable interest to me to know for
certain what the construction is. Someone who has one could
count the reflections and tell whether it is a Heliar or
something else.
- ---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA