Re: [Rollei] 2.8 Tessars and 3.5 F - 12/24 function

Todd,
Thanks for that - I was always confused about the
Zeiss Jena Tessar/ Zeiss-Opton Tessar before, now it's
very clear (previous explanations I had seen elsewhere
got confused with the 2.8B lens, which I knew was
wrong). Thanks everyone else for pointing out the
heritage of the 2.8 Tessar - it hadn't occurred to me,
yet I've always liked the Super Ikontas.

I really knew about the 12/24 issue (thanks to reading
it here first, probably) - I just had it fixed in my
mind that my Planar 3.5F was a similar vintage to my
Xenotar ones, and that they were all pretty early - so
5 element lenses. If it hadn't been for this
discussion, I would still be none the wiser. It
doesn't affect what I think of the lens (wonderful for
B&W), but it is nice to know.

It's also intriguing that with the reported quality
control tests there were so many problems - I can but
assume (again!) that the QC was stepped up as a result
of these issues - I know I've read of customer
critisim of all the lenses on the A and B.

Nick