[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Rollei] Why the 6-element lens for 3.5Fs
- Subject: Re: [Rollei] Why the 6-element lens for 3.5Fs
- From: Jay Kumarasamy <jayk >
- Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:42:08 -0700
I have read/heard that Rollei 'rejected' more number of lenses
from Zeiss than from SK. Would that be because
1. SK had very tight tolerance to meet Rollei requirements ;). I foresee
some flames on this one...
2. The Rollei expectation from Zeiss was higher than from SK..
- - Jay
At 10:25 AM 4/30/2003 -0700, Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter) wrote:
>It was mentioned in a previous post that F&H went to great lengths to
>ensure the quality of the lenses received from Zeiss.
>F&H tested each lens and allegedly rejected up to 50% that did not meet
>their standards. Could it have been Zeiss who decided on the added 6th
>element for the 3.5 Planar? After all it was said this element was
>added to ensure the the lenses met the standards of F&H, so if Zeiss did
>this it may have reduced the number of rejected lenses. Just a thought.
>BTW, those lenses rejected by F&H, where did they go? Back to Zeiss? Or
>were they sold elsewhere?