Re: [Rollei] Re: Loss of Photographic Stores

on 6/5/02 3:28 PM, scott   wrote:

> Lots of people would come in and look at cameras, get advice, go over
> features and then order it through mail order or go to a big discounter to
> buy it. He told me it happened all of the time. They would usually come in
> for film or processing, and in some cases even advice about using the
> camera. Really, unbelievable.

This is nothing new.  When I had a camera shop in the mid-70s people used to
do this all the time.  In those days K-Mart and Penney's both had camera
departments, so they would spend hours of my time getting info on several
cameras and then go to either of those places to buy.

Bob