[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: [Rollei] Cleaning camera exterior?


It' s a very common chemical, a drugstore or chemist should sell it.
Providing you just buy a small bottle, you will run limited risks to be
arrested on suspicion of bomb making. I would like to add that it comes in
two grades: Glycerol and Glycerol 70% (also called Glycerine, containing 30%
water). The grade 70% has a lower density and will be more manageable. I am
a home for lunch at the moment. Later today I will check the U.S.
Pharmacopoeia for the American name. If that one differs from the generally
accepted <tease> name, I will get back to you.

Ferdi Stutterheim,
Drachten, The Netherlands.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-rollei  us
> [mailto:owner-rollei  On Behalf Of Roger Wiser
> Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 9:35 PM
> To: rollei  us
> Subject: Re: [Rollei] Cleaning camera exterior?
> Thanks Ferdi.   Where does one buy Glycerine (Glycerol 70%)?
> Roger
> Ferdi Stutterheim wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > For the SLX and 6000 Series I recommend Glycerine (Glycerol 70%). Use a
> > (snip)