Re: [Rollei] Re: [Rollei-user] SL35 lenses

> From: Jim Hemenway <jim  >
> Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 12:40:15 -0500
> To: rollei-user
> Cc: rollei  us
> Subject: [Rollei] Re: [Rollei-user] SL35 lenses
>
> I've been looking for some Zeiss and/or Schneider lenses for my SL35 and
> came upon someone with a bunch of Rolleinars for sale.
>
> I was hoping that perhaps some of them might have been made by Nikon or
> one of the other top tier manufacturers. This would give me an _excuse_
> to buy and use them instead of the Takumar lenses which I'm using on the
> SL35 now.

Excuse me, but Mamiya was certainly considered a "top tier" manufacturer or
Rollei would not have bought from them!   Witness that Makina could not come
up to Rollei quality standards and were dumped as a supplier.  The
Rolleinars from Mamiya are excellent performers.

Bob