Re: [Rollei] High contrast scene question

> From: Mark Rabiner <mark  >
> Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:58:17 -0700
> To: rollei  us
> Subject: Re: [Rollei] High contrast scene question
>
> I would shoot 100 speed color neg film exposing just enough to get detail in
> the
> dark areas and have the film developed normally.
> But I'd print it on the low contrast Portra paper instead of the more common
> Supra.
> And burn the higher areas down until they are not washed out.
> But I'd do it fast because i see it turns out that the Portra is being
> discontinued.
> But they still make the Ultra for more contrast.

There's a good article on dealing with this sort of lighting in the latest
issue of Rangefinder which I got in the mail a couple of days ago.  Do it in
Photoshop, of course!   I'd make two shots, exposing one for shadows and the
other for highlights and combine them in Photoshop.  Works better than
double masked color printing.

Bob