Re: Marflex

Hi Eric,

I worked at Levine's when I was at Harvard; knew Steve very well.

The only problem with Steve is that every 6 months some new shooter hits
town who thinks he's hot stuff, and treats the peons (Hassleblad-fixers)
like dirt. SK doesn't appreciate that. Who does ?

Grimes fixes what can be fixed, replaces what can be replaced, makes
what must be made. For years he scavenged trashed M2 Leicas and rebuilt
them, and sold 'em cheap to students who couldn't afford collector
prices. He's one of the most knowledgable and capable technician on the
east coast.

The difference between Marflex and Grimes is that nothing ever got
broken at Grimes'or got lost at Grimes'. Go meet him, and take advantage
of a remarkable resource. Of course I'm prejudiced; he taught me a lot,
kept my broken down cameras going when I needed them, and stood by me
when things were tough. Maybe that's why 'the old shooters' like him.

Don